$16.00 - $19.00 hourly
Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA, USA
A year-long work experience. As a House of Blues Veteran Apprentice – Marketing, you will report in to our Senior Director of Digital Development and work closely with the digital products marketing team in our home office located in Hollywood, CA. You will be assisting with web development and digital production projects, gaining knowledge of House of Blues marketing platforms and processes.
Participate in developing front-end and back-end functionality for web applications
Learn, understand and contribute existing CMS platform
Proactively identify and solve technical problems
Contribute to the design and architecture of our code
Point out new and innovative technologies for use within our technology stack
Proof-reading content, links, etc.
Write creative and relevant
Assist Marketing technology team in day to day activities
Other projects as assigned.
Previous experience or education in marketing and/or web development
Interest in a career in web development or digital marketing
Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills
Experience with cloud-based hosting solutions and application management
Familiarity with Angular JS preferred
Familiarity with .Net Core a plus
Creative background in UI/UX a plus
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Strong attention to detail and advanced preparation. Superior organization skills are a must
Ability to multi-task and handle several projects at one time both individually and through cross functional teams
Self-starter and independent working style, including following through on projects and following up with team members on open items.
Ability to commit for a year-long Apprentice program
$15.00 - $18.00 hourly
Los Angeles, CA, USA
A year-long work experience. As a House of Blues Military Veteran Apprentice - Operations, you’ll learn about a career in operations by working closely with the House of Blues Executive Vice President and Home Office Operations team, including Food & Beverage (Front of House & Back of House), Restaurant Operations, Music Hall Operations, Foundation Room, & occasionally with Marketing, Special Events & Retail teams.
Apprentice projects can include: presentation creation, research projects, creating weekly and monthly reports, maintaining general follow-up on venue progress and more.
The Veteran Operations Apprentice will assist the Home Office Operations team with their daily operational needs, while gaining knowledge of House of Blues (in-venue) operations, training in each department through a rotation at the House of Blues Anaheim location.
This training will help you learn how each individual venue runs, while following the policies and procedures provided by the Home Office and how each department works independently and together to create the House of Blues experience.
Food and Beverage :
Assisting in new menu rollouts, setting deadlines and following up on venue progress
Perform cost analysis on all new menu products
Assist in setting up training for field employees and following up on policy adherence
Assisting with monthly F&B reports to management and internal teams
Creating daily prep sheets for all BOH Employees and validating proper completion
Education on employee break management to ensure proper state law adherence (CA Venues)
Assisting in entry of department schedules into labor management program
Validating correct recipe procedures and ensuring the quality of all product
Assisting in mid-month and month-end inventories and troubleshooting of cost variances
Learning about daily venue operations including; guest interaction, employee management, and how we ensure adherence to policies and procedures
Attending pre-shift meetings with employees, as communication happens for roll-outs, contests, and any new information
Insight into employee training, coaching progress check-ins
Education on recipe validation and proper recipe procedures, and how we monitor for waste or theft
Education on Crunch Time and invoice reconciliation, schedule entry into the labor management system and mid and month-end inventories
Accounting/Purchasing & Receiving :
Review and Validate proper revenue center transfers
Assist in setting proper pars for accurate ordering to control waste and extra product on hand
Education on food and beverage order placement
Participate in receiving food and beverage orders, following up on and order issues or variances
Assist in employee timecard review to ensure proper job code entry and overtime validation
Work with Logistics Manager to ensure proper execution of events
Assist in planning with outside vendors booked by sales team
Training by operations team on event scheduling and staffing
Manage completion of closing SEO reports
Department Administrative Responsibilities :
Handle all projects as directed by Managers
Assist in coordination of team schedules, daily calendar of meetings, events, etc.
Manage meeting and event logistics including booking and preparing rooms, creating materials, organizing catering and taking notes
Assist in coordination of ticket requests, travel, lodging, etc.
Assist with expense report processing and management
May assist with other functions such as data entry and other clerical duties as requested
Ensures that expenses are processed correctly and in a timely manner
Culinary and/or food & beverage experience preferred
Prior service in any branch of the U.S. military
Calm / Professional and customer service oriented
Desire to learn about a career in operations
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Sound judgment and ability to problem solve; sometimes with limited information
Live entertainment venue or restaurant operations experience is a plus
Computer literate in Windows applications. (Excel and Word a must)
Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
Ability to commit to a year-long apprentice program
Ability and willingness to relocate for business needs and opportunity.
$55,000 - $65,000 yearly
Los Angeles, CA, USA
We have a great opportunity for a Box Office Manager in the Los Angeles area. The Box Office Manager is responsible for all aspects of ticket office operations and phone system administration.
What You’ll Do:
I. Supervise the Department
· Assist and support box office staff in any of their job functions as needed
· Maintain positive and creative team environment within the department
· Facilitate open communication with the supervisors and staff
· Facilitate proper inter-departmental communications and organization
· Conduct staff evaluations (training, 90-day, annual). Set development and performance goals and monitor progress
· complete and satisfactory on-going staff training
· Ensure appropriate staffing levels. Recruit and hire staff and supervisors and uphold hiring/disciplinary/termination standards that adhere to all Live Nation Clubs & Theaters guidelines.
II. Financial Performance
· Responsible for financial settlement and accountable for all revenue collected from ticket sales and ancillary income
· Conduct band settlement on shows with split point deals, or when deemed necessary by talent department
· Complete and distribute accurate daily ticket counts
· Responsible for scheduling and labor cost control
· Balance and reconcile all seller cash drawers
· Track all service charge and ancillary income
· Organize department and financial information for presentation at weekly management meetings with Corporate Director of Ticketing
III. Other Responsibilities
· Create, modify and maintain inventory for all ticketed events in a computerized ticketing environment
· Modify, maintain and update all customer database files
· Maintain ticketing computer systems
· Primary representative from Live Nation Clubs & Theaters in all venue interactions with Ticketmaster
· Coordinate lunch and dinner restaurant reservations with operations as needed
· Develop and maintain superior customer service both in-person and over the phones
· Develop and maintain call center phone system, and keep current all phone menus and calendars of events
· Support phones system for the administrative offices
· Supervise brunch sales/reservations
· Organize nightly will call tickets
· Interact with artist, record label, management and band tour accountant
· Ensure an accurate and timely flow of show, dinner, gospel brunch and general venue information both intra-departmentally, and to the general public
What You Need:
· 2 Years of Box Office/Ticketing Management experience
· High School Diploma
· Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
· Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
· College Degree
· Experience verifying and recognizing valid identification
· Experience in a live music environment
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
· Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
· Must be able to lift or move up to 75 lbs using proper lifting techniques
$45,000 - $55,000 yearly
San Diego, CA, USA
We have a great opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist. The HR Generalist is responsible for the Human Resources function of a House of Blues venue. This individual will plan, organize and control all activities of the department, and participates in developing venue and department goals, objectives, and systems.
What You Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, legal studies, or related discipline
• 3-5 Years of progressive HR experience
• 3 years in Human Resources with heavy emphasis on employee relations
• Must have knowledge of State Employment Laws and Statutes
• This position requires strong communication skills with a supervisor. Ability to communicate effectively via email, conference calls and periodic updates is essential
• Demonstrates a high level of integrity
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• Food & Beverage/Hospitality/Live Music Entertainment related experience
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
• Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, reaching, sitting, and working on your feet
• Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
What You’ll Do:
Maintain HR Procedures and Practices
• Provide advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy, and employment laws.
• Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
• Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed and develops department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Administer compensation program; monitor performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from database.
• Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Assist Management with employee performance appraisals, including monthly notification to Management regarding employee performance appraisals
• Monitor career pathing, employee relations and counseling and provide an inside perspective to Senior Management.
• Assist in development of people-management skills and provide objective perspective on employee issues.
• Conduct new-hire orientation, and other company sponsored training programs as needed.
• Ensure venue is compliant with all current HOB policies and procedures as outlined in employee handbook.
• Maintain open-door communication policy to staff concerns and issues.
• Maintain communication and relations with Home Office Human Resources.
• Investigate and remedy harassment, abuse, or mistreatment of team-members.
• Help the company maintain its commitment to diversity.
• Participate in executive committee meetings/manager meetings, and plans/facilitates manager/all-staff meetings and programs.
• Maintain a tracking system for all State or County Licensee or Certification requirements. Make recommendations on recertification and training. Makes recommendation on training for recertification. Maintain a tracking system to ensure venues are adhering to the Alcohol Beverage Commission guidelines. Make recommendations on training for recertification
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Recruitment and Staffing
• Direct the development of staffing strategies; develop and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from non-exempt staffing to exempt.
• Develop, streamline, and enhance staffing systems, tracking reporting, and analysis; leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals; manages college relations and oversees various sourcing and internship programs.
• Manage relocation and other responsibilities related to staffing administration;
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
Safety/Health and Risk Management
• Review Workers’ Compensation reports and handling of claims
• Develop and maintain OSHA Workplace and Safety programs
• Create and co-chair quarterly safety committee
• Maintain staff injury/incident reports
• Maintain guest injury/incident reports and handle any related issues in conjunction with Vice President of Risk Management
• Conduct quarterly safety walk through and make recommendations as needed to GM for improvements
• Ensure HOB follows labor and employment law guidelines set forth by state and federal government
Administer Employee Benefit Programs
• Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
Conduct open enrollments and educational seminars for employee benefits, including medical, dental, LTD, life, and 401(k).
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
$60,000 - $70,000 yearly
Anaheim, CA, USA
Responsible for selling all VIP Service sales with focus on memberships
Responsible for selling products under VIP umbrella beginning with the most profitable options
Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly budget goals
Reports to Director of VIP Services
Oversees Concierge’s day to day duties
Actively retain current business opportunities and solicit new business opportunities through effective sales calls, presentations and site tours
Generate revenue via prospecting leads, upgrading existing sales and renewing lapsed business opportunities
Monitors various market and industry trends to develop and implement ever evolving strategies to sell memberships and other VIP products
Develop and nurture relationships with Members (to include: significant time spent in Foundation Room, member outings and events and other opportunities to build rapport) to maintain a high retention rate and to develop referrals
Will manage and use data management programs including Sales Force and SevenRooms
Create and lead Marketing initiatives that increase VIP sales, working closely with Marketing department
Will work in tandem with various departments including, Marketing and Operations
Network to increase visibility within community
Supports the strategic direction of the VIP Services department, including operating procedures, structure and efficiency in order to provide maximum value to House of Blues
Performs additional duties as assigned
Maintain a positive attitude
Maintains objective viewpoint in all circumstances
Maintains organization and focus on assigned tasks/goals
Takes creative risks to enhance revenue
Ability to sell a non-tangible product
Thinks creatively to produce new possibilities in all areas
Shows respect by considering the rights and dignity of others rather than self
Communicates assertively in a non-aggressive, candid manner
Able to maintain a flexible work schedule to accommodate business needs.