General Dynamics Mission Systems
Port Hueneme, CA, USA
Associate's degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a LCS Mission Module Sustainment Technician at Port Hueneme Naval Station Oxnard, Ca. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The LCS DEPS Mission Module Maintenance Technician/Site lead will engage in Maintenance, Mission Module Movements/Embarks and Debarks, Pre-embark Staging, Maintenance Planning, Fly-Away/Distance Support and Logistic Engineering Support. The candidate will perform a variety of duties in Corrective Maintenance, Emergent Repair, and Preventative Maintenance involving GDMS Mission Module support of Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). Retired US Navy Chief with demonstrated leadership and technical ability is preferred.
- Assists in the development, implementation, installs, tests, modifies and/or operates complex equipment and systems
- Participates on the engineering work team and supports other team members in experimental design, materials, equipment setup/maintenance and related issues
- Installs and removes MM equipment on LCS ships
- Performs a variety of equipment/process operations involving an application or technical skills in a specific area (electrical, software, manufacturing, optical, etc.)
- Construct, modify, debug, test and adjust a variety of tools and equipment given appropriate drawings, parts and instructions
- Implements basic practical solutions for process improvement
- Conducts and documents experiments under guidance of senior technician
- Constructs basis tooling and fixtures to accomplish unique tasks
- Works under general supervision
The candidate will be based in Port Hueneme, Ca Naval Base and will support the LCS platforms, including travel to other domestic ports and OCONUS ports as appropriate. The selected candidate will be expected to travel 20% of the time supporting Littoral Combat Ships (LCS-class ships) and will work within the parameters and rules common to U.S. Naval vessels.
Performs physically demanding work including working in tight, restricted access quarters onboard a US Navy warship and other spaces (e.g., RIB engine compartment), climbing 20 ft. ladders and standing for long periods of time on a Navy ship or pier lifting 50 lbs. or more. As required, candidates hired for a specific position must be able to pass forklift and/or Category II or III Crane operator’s physical and proficiency tests. Travel will be required to other Navy bases and deployed sites. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance. KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position will require the ability to work from tech manuals, vendor documentation, schematics, and engineering drawing to supports the ship’s maintenance efforts. The LCS DEPS Mission Module Maintenance Technician will be expected to be proficiency in test equipment operations, pin insertion/extraction methods, fiber repair, cable repair/rework, connector repair/rework, and basic soldering. Additional duties may be assigned, including but not limited to logistics, material, and safety responsibilities as it relates to the Mission Modules.
The LCS DEPS Mission Module Maintenance Technician will be expected to become completely familiar with their system, with the goal of becoming the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Candidate will be required to perform physically demanding work, to include working aloft, in tight, restricted spaces onboard LCS Platforms, climbing scaffolding, ladders and standing for long periods of time onboard a LCS ship or pier and be able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Must be able to pass forklift operators physical and proficiency tests
- The candidate may be responsible for working with a team of technicians, engineers, and government staff as appropriate
- Exercise creative thinking to advance our technical performance
- Experience with Navy maintenance, to include Ships Maintenance and Material Management (3M), Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance.
- This individual must have strong oral and written communication skills and be proficient with typical PC applications to include Word, Project, Excel and Access
- Professional etiquette and ability to operate effectively in a distributed team environment and effectively communicate customer initiatives, strategy and mission needs PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formally trained, operated and maintained Navy's Surface Warfare (SUW), Mine Countermeasure (MCM) and systems and inter-workings of the LCS Class MM program
- Experience with 30mm guns on the LCS, LPD-17 Class, USMC Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle (AAAV) or similar chain guns is highly desired
- Experience with 11m Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats (RHIBS); Qualify as an operator and maintainer
- Experience in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Auxiliary supporting equipment, such as motor controllers, fuel conditioning, and damage control equipment
- Licensed Forklift Operator
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Familiar with U.S. Naval protocol and the ability to work directly with interfaces in uniform and with engineers in other companies
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Familiar with U.S. Navy Work Authorization Forms (WAF) and Tag-Out Programs
General Dynamics Mission Systems
San Jose, CA, USA
Bachelor's degree in Administration of Justice, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement or related field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Advanced Security Specialist. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS: Recognized as an authority in one or more fields of specialization and in management of complex projects Participates in the administration and coordination of one or more security programs/activities to ensure compliance with government and company security policies and procedures Prepares and submits routine documentation to immediate supervision Identifies program issues and implements corrective actions to identified security problems as directed Conducts security briefings and maintains security education programs Attends Strategic Business Unit Business Forums to identify upcoming projects Reviews security program requirements for efficiency and standardization Adapts or modifies standard security methods Participates in preparation of security proposals Communicates results of security endeavors in both verbal and written form Participates in planning and preparations of new security programs Acts independently, guided only by very broad company policies and objectives Partners with various government agencies to ensure corporation is compliant with directives and regulations and obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations Organizes, coordinates, executes, and interprets required research to achieve stated security goals, including furthering the industrial security discipline within the organization Monitors company compliance in specialized field Coordinates planning and preparations of new security programs including proposal preparation Investigates security incidents and violations relating to classified programs and establishes the basis for possible disciplinary action Implements corrective actions to identified problems Interprets program requirements and applies them consistently across diverse situations Provides security guidance in specified field and acts as liaison with specific program customer and sponsor. Administers program contractual security requirements Ensures accuracy of security databases Provides training, and development to department employees and manages resources Independently writes security technical proposals and provides documentation of results (go/no-go rating) Exercises expert judgment for security submissions for proposal preparation and support activities Assists in all aspects of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) across all locations Develops, implements and manages programs across the company including off-sites Negotiates with customer or sponsor to establish agreed upon security requirements and costs Identifies security requirements and translates into labor and cost requirements for budget planning Initiates key high-level investigations involving alleged or actual violations of government or company policies and illegal activities in compliance with Department of Defense (DOD) requirements, corporate policy and federal, state and local law enforcements practices May perform duties related to Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO)/Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Tactical understanding of security principles in specialized field Excellent communication skills Strong ability to provide leadership using functional knowledge and interpersonal skills Strong ability to comprehend and comply with detailed procedures Strong knowledge of all security policies and procedures and ability to interpret security requirements and apply them consistently across diverse situations Excellent customer service skills and ability to work independently and ability to prioritize, schedule and complete multiple tasks Strong knowledge and experience in specialized area of expertise to include Department of Defense (DOD), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), and Special Access Programs (SAP) Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Personnel Security Clearance up to and including the final Top Secret level and required program access with completion of a successful polygraph, as applicable Demonstrates strong competence in one or more specialized areas of security