Xiphos Corporation is a veteran-owned and operated security company & training academy founded by two US Army Special Forces (Green Berets). Our Operators are specially selected and well trained professionals expected to maintain the standards detailed in each post order.
If selected to join the Xiphos team, you will receive advanced training that will set you aside from other guards in the industry. We pride ourselves on a mentally alert and morally straight team that that shoulders their share of the task.
Once selected and trained you will be deployed into various locations and expected to uphold the Xiphos standard of courtesy, neatness of dress, care of equipment and above all, the protection of the client's property.
Purpose of Position
The Protection Professional is responsible for performing duties designed to safeguard employees, visitors and assets of the facility to which they are assigned. This individual will embody the highest degree of professionalism and customer service while executing the security policies and procedures set forth by the company.
Provide a visible presence, deterring potential crime and bad actors through proactive patrolling of the property, or static post where assigned
- Follow directions given via specific post orders or site books, as well as applicable company policies and standard operating procedures
- Contact local law enforcement, paramedics, or fire department(s) if an event occurs which requires emergency services, directing first responders to the scene
- Report immediately to a supervisor/manager irregular, suspicious or illegal activity including safety or facility hazards
- If required at the location, will oversee a visitor management system, verifying the identity of employees, customers, visitors, contractors or other third parties
- Utilize various security equipment including but not limited to, access control systems, CCTV, alarms, two-way radios, cellular telephones and other communication devices
- Assess inoperability of any issued security equipment/hardware from the company, or assigned by the client, reporting malfunctions to management
- Detect and investigate signs of intrusion, theft, vandalism, destruction of property or other illegal acts, providing a detailed written report to management through company software
- Identify and document security risks to the client site, listing vulnerabilities and providing recommendations for improvement to management
- Responsible for carrying out an emergency action plan (EAP) in the event of life/fire safety hazards or security incidents
- Work cross-functionally with other departments, as needed, to enhance the client experience at customer facing locations
- All other duties within the scope and purpose of this position as assigned by the management team
Position Qualification Requirements
- Currently possess an active California Guard Card
- Exposed Firearm Permit issued by the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services [for Armed positions]
- Must own a firearm [for Armed positions]
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must possess a valid CA driver’s license
- Minimum of 1 year in a physical security/protective services role
- Previous experience working with physical security systems (access control, CCTV, intrusion detection)
- Demonstrated knowledge of security best practices
- Pass an applicable background check
- Active duty military or civilian law enforcement experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, business management, or similar field
Skills and Abilities
This individual must be able to utilize sound judgement and emotional control in the performance of their duties, particularly during stressful situations. They must also be able to calmly manage emergency incidents, clearly articulating facts to management and appropriate authorities, while advising of any assistance that is needed. Must be able to effectively communicate, in both verbal and written formats to internal and external stakeholders. Will need to operate a smartphone with applicable security applications in the performance of their duties.
Physical Activities and Demands
This position generally involves the following while performing functions associated with this position
- Standing, sitting, walking, crouching, crawling, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking and hearing
- Ability to engage in foot or mobile patrol for extended periods of time, at times on unpaved terrain
- Additional physical requirements may involve lifting/and or moving 25 lbs and possibly lifting/and or moving up to 100 lbs
This position involves armed/unarmed security for an indoor/outdoor facility which is/is not customer facing. The primary posting will be static/roving and involve frequent interaction with customers/clients/employees/contractors or other third parties.