Produce menu items in an appropriate time frame while maintaining or exceeding the standards set forth by the Executive Chef for menu production, kitchen cleanliness, sanitation, and advance preparation.
- Read and follow recipes as they pertain to menu production.
- Memorize all production specifications, food presentations, and cooking methods pertinent to menu production.
- Recognize/fabricate all products pertinent to menu production.
- Cook all menu items to guest specifications with regards to temperature, etc.
- Properly label, date, and store all prepared food as well as raw ingredients and food orders.
- Assist others in workload management as time allows.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain a sanitary environment consistent with the standards of chef and local health department.
- Recognize fluctuations in volume of business, and maintain station accordingly.
- Maintain consciousness of portion sizes consistent with production specifications.
- Recognize and react to product spoilage.
- Maintain a clean and presentable uniform/appearance.
- Communicate any needs, deficiencies, or outages to chef/supervisor.
- Accept verbal direction from chef/supervisor regarding changes, special needs, quantity of production, etc.
- Organize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Complete station set up, including necessary equipment, in a timely manner and assist team members as time allows.
- Prepare portions of Staff Meal for Employee Cafeteria.
- Close kitchen shifts in the manner set forth by chef/supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience cooking in a fast paced kitchen; experience in prep cooking.
- Able to react positively to fast-paced work environment and high pressure situations.
- Able to communicate effectively with supervisors and team members both in culinary and exterior departments of the hotel (specifically stewarding and service staffs).
- Able to work well inside of a team orientated environment.
- Able to read client orders, special requests, etc. from Micros printer in English.
- Willing to accept verbal direction from chefs or management.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor in all situations, especially those pertaining to client satisfaction.
- Have general knowledge of equipment and food products utilized on a daily basis.
- Be willing to learn/work on all kitchen stations and shifts.
- Be able to work long hours in a high stress work environment.
- Comfortable degree of dexterity for knife handling, prep work, etc.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.