Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing a full range of physical security services to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con (ICS) provides custom client solutions tailored to quality with the flexibility to operate in highly complex environments. The firm specializes in providing tailored services to clients whose needs exceed the sophistication and expertise of traditional guard firms. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
The Senior Accountant – International will report directly to the Vice President of Finance. The major responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinating the monthly financial close among Inter-Con’s 13 international subsidiaries (receiving monthly reporting packs and coordinating their upload into the company’s ERP);
- Performing financial analysis of the reported results and following up directly with the international subsidiaries regarding unusual trends and/or transactions;
- Performing the necessary accounting for those U.S.-based accounts that are part of the company’s international operations and making the appropriate accounting entries;
- Coordinating cash transfers to/from our international subsidiaries;
- Maintaining various internal reports including: overall financial analytics and performance summary; fixed assets roll-forward; A/R aging; headcount, etc.;
- Compiling and reporting key business metrics relating to our international operations;
- Coordinating the collection of annual budget information (and preparing summaries by continent – Latin America and Africa);
- Managing basic foreign exchange (financial statement translation) accounting and consolidation issues;
- Assisting in the annual, year-end audit;
- Obtaining and compiling certain international tax information; and,
- Preparing various ad hoc analyses and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from accredited college / university;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (French a plus);
- 5 Years of relevant financial accounting experience for a multinational organization;
- Highly analytical with a proactive approach to assignments;
- Experience in large ERP systems (experience with Essbase, Oracle, and Great Plains a plus);
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint);
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills; and
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with personnel along all levels of the organization.