Clearance Required: You must possess or be eligible to attain an Active Dept. of Energy Clearance, level L or Q is desired. A DoD Clearance, may be considered. Due to the location of the work, U.S. Citizenship is required.
The primary responsibilities of the PC Computer Moves Technician is to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability to be a Computer Moves Technician. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential.
- You will review the customers move request, confirm the customers moves requirements, and ensure the disconnect/reconnect of the computer equipment is completed as scheduled.
- You will disconnect customer’s computer prior the computer being moved to the customer’s new location.
- You will perform a site survey prior to reconnecting the customer’s computer. This will ensure the network box is active and the phone port is available for the phone move.
- You will reconnect customer’s computer after the computer equipment is moved to the new location.
- You will verify all computer peripherals are functioning and working to the customer’s satisfaction.
- You will appropriately document all Service Request tickets.
- You will update the network database with the new location.
- You will provide regular communication with customer regarding service request status.
- You will perform minor troubleshooting tasks if computer peripherals are not working.
- You will provide adequate notice for planned absences to ensure backup of queues and duties.
- You will consistently perform duties in keeping with regulations, policies, and procedures required for operating in high security environments.
- You will complete other technical duties as assigned.
Requirements, Education, & Experience
- You will possess a minimum of a High School diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- You will have an Associate Degree in a relevant IT field (Information Technology, Computer Science, etc.) Equivalent experience/certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree You will already possess a proven track record of delivering superior customer service.
- You must have knowledge of basic networking concepts, working knowledge of PC operations which include: hardware, network settings, operations system, & MS Office applications.
- You must possess or be able to obtain & maintain a DOE security clearance.