PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products, which include the PCC Industrial & Distribution Group, consist of specialized manufacturing businesses that produce fasteners, precision components, systems, tooling, and engineered system solutions for a diverse group of end customers in the automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership ensure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Located in North Hollywood, CA, Avibank Manufacturing, Inc., a PCC Company, a part of the Engineered Products Group, is among the world's leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices, solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
Under direct supervision of the EH&S Manager, level two environmental technicians will help maintain hazardous waste operations, specific to onsite industrial wastewater treatment systems, compliance to Storm Water regulations, and Air Quality Management District regulations. This position will ensure all containments stay pumped out and ensure compliance of hazardous waste handling, storage, and shipments. This position will handle all aspects of satellite accumulation areas and comply with RCRA guidelines. This position will handle the containment and cleaning of hazardous material.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handling and containment of hazardous materials
- Assisting EHS personnel in chemical and material handling, storing, readings, and testing.
- Maintaining of the Hazardous Waste Manifests.
- Coordinating hazardous waste shipments and loading containers onto the shipment truck.
- Monitoring scrap metal collection bins and exchanging them when full.
- Coordinating scrap metal shipments and loading containers onto the shipment truck.
- Assist in wastewater evaporation operation.
- Provides assistance in the event of a hazardous chemical spill, and identifies pollutant, determines hazardous impact, and recommends corrective action.
- Assist in the maintenance and exchange of process baths in the Plating Department.
- Member of the site’s Storm Water Pollution Prevention Team.
- Assists with report preparation submitted to environmental regulatory agencies.
- Other related duties as needed.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience driving a sit down and standup counterbalance forklift.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively
- 2 years of experience in a similar role
Level of Education:
- GED or High School Diploma
- Associates degree in EHS desirable
- HAZWOPER certification preferred
U.S. Person Status:
- This position requires use of information or access to production processes subject to national security controls under U.S. export control laws and regulations (including, but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)). To be qualified to work in this facility, a successful application must be a U.S. Person, as defined in those regulations, and able to supply evidence of that qualification prior to starting work. The U.S. export control regulations define a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), and certain categories of Political Asylees and Refugees.