PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application; we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets.
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies. This enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever needed. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership ensure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Shur-Lok manufactures fastening systems with superior locking devices for critical requirements, including engine module assembly, structural assembly, rotor blade attachment, and aircraft engine shaft and spindle applications. Operations at the Irvine location include CNC Machining, CNC Waterjet Cutting, Laser Marking, Heat Treating, NDT, and EDM.
Responsible for directing and overseeing all organization functions associated with facility engineering. Evaluates bids and proposals, set budgetary constraints, review contractors’ qualifications, and assess new systems and equipment needs. Responsible for developing and maintaining the Facility and Production Equipment Preventative Maintenance Program. Maintains and reports on Energy and Maintenance Pipelines.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generates specifications for various facility and equipment projects.
- Plans and schedules physical facilities renovation layout and cost.
- Originates funding approval documents for various facility renovation/modification projects.
- Coordinates changes to the capital budget.
- Writes capital appropriation requests as required.
- Tracks capital expenditures (material and labor) for all CAR projects.
- Creates and maintains facility drawings.
- Analyzes the potential impact of new technology on plant business processes and determines whether they would benefit the operation; makes recommendations to immediate supervisor and senior staff.
- Provides support to production operations by identifying constraints related to equipment or facilities and providing appropriate alternatives.
- Monitors machine downtime and preventative maintenance status, taking appropriate corrective action and reporting status as required.
- Monitors energy consumption; taking appropriate corrective action and HRP-004-M10, Rev. C, Date: 7 Sep 10, DCR# 10-1015 2 reporting status as required.
- Ensures all work performed by direct employees and contractors meets all regulatory agency requirements (e.g., OSHA, EPA, Cal-OSHA, etc.).
- Determines department staffing needs, recruiting, and hiring as appropriate.
- Actively coaches, develops, monitors, evaluates, and continually improves the performance and competency of all team members from an individual and team perspective.
- Complies with all environmentally safe practices and regulations. Reads all MSDS’ and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements. Conducts or assigns the responsibility for performing the EH&S self-inspection, 6S audit, and safety huddles.
- Complies with and supports the PCC Code of Conduct.
- Develops quotation requests for equipment, services, and supplies as required.
- Contacts vendors and contractors to acquire equipment, services, and supplies.
- Serves as an active 6S Steering Committee and Central Safety Committee member.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineer or related field preferred
- 5+ years of relevant Managerial / Supervision experience (aerospace / heavy industrial preferred)
- CNC mills and lathes experience
- Hydraulic and pneumatic experience
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and contractors
- Blueprint reading
- Analytical ability
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Project management
- Results driven
- Intermediate use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)