Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
- Prepares project plans and drives the project from conception and planning to implementation. Will participate in the development of strategies, processes and resources.
- Manages project schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software.
- Coordinates allocated resources from within the Division to achieve on-time and within budget performance objectives for the project. Initiates and manages purchase requisitions, and purchase orders.
- Drives cost schedule performance of equipment for internal and external customers and vendors worldwide.
- Participates on multifunctional design teams comprised of internal, external and/or matrixed headcount to complete projects. Provides technical input to team members to achieve project goals.
- Interfaces and coordinates within the division to define project objectives, provide status updates and prepare for release and deployment.
- Provides engineering and business process expertise to team and other members on various standard programs / issues.
- Identifies and resolves potential complications within the project and develops solutions for resolution.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view #LI
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
- MS in SW with industry/equipment experience in embedded, driver or computational engineering
- Ability to understand customer feedback and translates to engineering
- Will be responsible for the SW roadmap (prioritize new SW development, track execution)
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
: Americas-United States of America-California-CA,Santa Clara
: Project/Program Management
: Day Job
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: No Relocation