Aircraft Inspectors: (commonly called Technical Inspector) The Contractor shall ensure aircraft inspectors hold a valid (current) FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) or minimum three years experience as an aviation inspector and a minimum of one year experience on the Mission Design Series (MDS) airframe they will be inspecting.
Develops and implements quality control and ground safety programs to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
• Inspects and verifies proper completion of documentation of Safety of Flight discrepancies• Briefs and debriefs pilots and crew members assigned to perform functional check flights.
• Performs audits and inspections of work center and ongoing maintenance actions, procedures, equipment and facilities.
• Examines parts and components for conformance to design specification to determine serviceability; serviceable, unserviceable-repairable, unserviceable-non repairable, affixing appropriate form/tag for disposition; return to stock, route to appropriate shop for repair and/or turn-in.
• Reviews maintenance source documents, aircraft inspection records, notes, recurring discrepancies or trends and initiates appropriate action.
• Monitors timeliness and applicability of aircraft maintenance technical data and/or technical library.
• Manages the technical improvement program and reviews engineering investigative requests.
• Initiates and reviews quality deficiency reports, technical deficiency reports and hazardous material reports to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Documents and review aircraft weight and balance date to ensure accuracy and provide oversight during actual aircraft weighing procedures.