PAE has an opportunity for a TEMPORARY Mail Clerk to join our team on our Federal Government contract.
THIS SCA POSITION PAYS $16.87/HOUR
The Mail Clerk (General Clerk I) is responsible for providing administrative support to those personnel supporting the adjudication process of individuals who have applied for immigration and citizenship benefits.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Serves as the link between external postal services and the site and office workers
- Handles both internal and external mail
- Date and time stamps all incoming mail per government agency timelines
- Sorts internal mail to be delivered to intended destination/worker
- Uses mail cart to transport mail to destinations
- Prepares outgoing mail for delivery to selective postal service
- Maintains familiarity with automated mail equipment, USPS rules, and regulations, and UPS and Federal Express procedures; knowledgeable in packing requirements and government mail regulations
- Ensures mail is being sent the most cost-effective way, by comparing rates of multiple couriers. (USPS, Fedex, UPS etc.)
- Coordinates mail pickups with couriers
- Operates machinery that collates, fold, and insert material into envelopes for mailing
- Operates postage meter that calculates, applies postage, and tracks postage expenditure
- Uses computer data entry program to record and track incoming and outgoing mail
- United States Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance (if not already cleared)
- Active current Secret clearance with DOD or ability to obtain clearance at that level
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive 7-year criminal and credit history background check
- Must successfully complete a drug screening
- Must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word
- Must pass the PAE Core Skills Computer Assessment
- Strong attention to detail
Other Essential Qualifications:
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of prior administrative and/or customer service experience
- Comprehension of basic computer programs
- 1 year of experience utilizing Microsoft Office, including Excel
Prior experience working with the public is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or supplies. Use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is primarily performed in a traditional office environment, but may also include all other work environments as required.