Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of HOB Club Venue accounting department, which includes but is not limited to; cash management, accounts payables, show flashing, month-end close process, forecasting, daily revenue auditing, office maintenance and supply. Directly responsible for the management of all accounting hourly positions; Income Auditor and Cashiers. Also responsible for maintaining and upholding all financial policies and procedures. Reports to and assists the National Accounting Director.
What You’ll Need:
- 5 years of financial experience with a strong background in accounting
- 5 years of experience in all aspects of accounting; 3 years of accounts payable experience
- Cash management background
- 2-3 years of staff management experience
- Able to communicate and interact well with executive level management
- Tech savvy with very strong excel skills (PC Windows based environment)
- Experience with national-level integrated General Ledger software system (Oracle)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- Accounting experience in a food/beverage environment; restaurant or hospitality company experience a plus.
- CPA preferred
- Advanced business degree
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced and often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and telephonic communications
What You’ll Do:
Responsible (directly or through supervision of staff member) for all aspects of accounting and finance at the venue level including:
- Month-end close process
- Show Flashing
- Balance sheet maintenance
- Daily Revenue reconciliation
- Accounts Payable
- Cash management and procedures
- Operational management support
- Tax and license maintenance
- Band Payment processes
- Office management and supply
- Accounts receivables
- Vendor and Guest relations
- Foundation Membership processes
- Manage and supervise lead auditor, cashiers, and purchasing managers
- Responsible for cash room, safe, and lock boxes
- Oversee accounts payable, including approvals, coding, input and review for accuracy and correctness. Match invoices to purchase orders.
- Responsible for daily sales and cash reconciliation. Research and explain any variance
- Prepare and issue daily flash, comp report, weekly cost of sales and weekly labor report, profit and loss forecasting including maintenance of checkbook accounting process. Ensure accuracy of all reports.
- Provide information as needed to home office club accounting for period close.
- Review period end GL detail with department heads
- Preparation of monthly tax return
- Oversee all local and state audits of club books and records
- Track and collect accounts receivable
- Oversee physical inventory counts. Actively participate in physical inventory, minimum one inventory per period, review actual to perpetual and explain variance.
- Review and provide input to Talent Buyer forecasting in the MIDAS system
- Preparation of fiscal operations and financial plan for respective club
- Responsible for weekly update and reforecast of Present View annual forecasting model based on actual and updated information
- Rollout of new financial procedures and systems in respective club
- Responsible to train and develop operations managers in the “Essentials of Finance”.
- Recognize, identify and execute profit enhancement opportunities
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Responsible for adherence to Company Policy and Procedures, financial and operational financial controls
- Analysis and Special projects as requested by home office controller / General Manager
- Competitive compensation and bonus plans
- Professional career development
- Additional benefits