The Manufacturing Process Engineer (MPE) leads the exploration and advancement of new manufacturing processes and technologies within CTC Global. He/she is responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing processes, assessing processes, identifying and executing value-added projects in the areas of process control and optimization. He/she will be expected to lead internal/external groups on process improvement projects and as well as tracking of action items. The MPE works on troubleshooting and improving existing processes and developing new ones to achieve the production goals of the business. He/she is expected to introduce innovative solutions into all phases of the manufacturing processes.
- Candidate must be organized and able to plan, track, and manage projects as well as process improvement projects through completion.
- Responsible for supporting all manufacturing and business objectives including cost reduction projects, capacity improvement projects and managing Lean Enterprise/Manufacturing initiatives.
- Provide tactical process improvement, and change management support to internal processes in resolving quality, productivity and routine issues.
- Creates and applies policies and procedures for identifying, analyzing, controlling processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending conferences, educational workshops and trainings; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Optimize workflow and establish Lean practices across the Company.
- Drive awareness of process variability and establish programs to reduce product variability in key product characteristics.
- Define, characterize, and lead the implementation of new processes.
- Assure sound engineering and validation principals are applied to process design.
- Develop processes to be trouble free and ensure success every time (zero defects).
- Assist with equipment selection and drive implementation of new equipment.
- Manage projects to assure on-time/on budget implementation.
- Monitor and maintain process controls.
- Lead process improvements while mentoring others to improve processes.
- Provide Design for Excellence consulting services.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial engineering.
- Master degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with OSHA and ISO 9001:2008 practices and controls.
- Demonstrate familiarity with machining operations.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Using logic and reasoning to offer solutions to problems.
- Proficiency with computer software SolidWorks, Minitab, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Visio.
- Demonstrates a professional and a positive attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated success in process improvements and project management.
- The candidate, preferably, is received trainings or education in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Systems.
- Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB) or Six Sigma Black Belt (SSBB) is preferred.
- Experience with World Class Manufacturing processes and methods, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, Kanban, 5S, TPM, and other advanced manufacturing methodologies, tools and concepts.
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of metrics development and presentation.
- Proven ability to analyze, diagnose, develop and implement solutions to complex quality and engineering issues.
- Knowledge of composite pultrusion manufacturing process.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and give detailed presentations.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience is a must!
- Build quality into work. Ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives. Be aware of current quality levels versus target levels.
- Develop and achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Drive improvements in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality, and productivity.
- Perform tasks within established professional standards and practices.