The Accounting Clerk is responsible for obtaining revenue and paying invoices by verifying and completing payable and receivable transactions.
- Timely calculates, codes, and processes data entry of man-hours for departments compiling and sending to the Company’s Payroll Clerk.
- Maintains the inventory department’s physical inventory.
- Processes purchase orders and payments for all departments; Processes purchase order receipts into database daily.
- Generates billings for services performed by departments and processes receivables for billings once received.
- Runs reports for department heads and Accounting Department monthly.
- Tracks large jobs sent up for job costing, sorting and coding all phases.
- Processes payments for vendors, ensuring checks are signed and prepared for mailing.
- Processes payments made to A/R and completes deposits.
- Assists services departments with issues related to billing of services, man-hours worked, and correct procedure for entering data into Company’s database.
- Communicates with Maintenance, Painting and Cleaning departments concerning labor, job costs, billing, and payroll issues.
- Instructs and assists with billing of services done for different internal departments.
- Processes and sends monthly aging statements to customers with overdue accounts.
- Fields incoming phone calls from customers after all statements (present and outstanding) have been mailed.
- Regular attendance.
- Travel and work overtime as required.
Commitment to the company’s mission.
- High school diploma or GED. Additional education and/or training preferred.
- Education, training, skills, and experience necessary to carry out assignments.
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively. Demonstrated skill in correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, administrative team, and the public.
- Two (2) or more years of demonstrated accounting experience.
- One (1) or more years of accounting with specialized data software.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Experience with inventory maintenance.
- Knowledge of state wage laws and codes.
- Strong communication skills and personality.
- Experience with job costing and reporting.