We are currently hiring for Accountant Assistant for Full-Time, Temp-To-Hire opportunity. Pay rates $25-$35 per hour.
Work hours may vary from shipyard hours Monday-Friday, 6am-2:30pm
Must be eligible for Base Access
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for all areas relating to Accounting and financial reporting, is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, secures financial operations by monitoring and approving financial processing, reporting, and auditing supervising staff practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES
- Process reimbursement forms
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy
- Assist Accountant with Payroll system and payroll related items.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules; provide monthly detail to the Accountant for General Journal entries; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Reconcile General Ledger and Bank accounts
- Assist the Accountant with End Month Closing
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the Accountant
The Accounting Assistant must be able to meet and successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The following physical demands are representative to the position.
The position is active and requires at least 7 hours of sitting. Along with such movements, employee is required to lift of up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Knowledge of accounting principles GAAP, to ensure accuracy of financial statements and implement adequate
- Ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions to accurately process, provide, and implement accounting information, internal controls to safeguard departmental assets
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information and issues relating to the department’s direction, policies, changes, and personnel
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure timely completion of projects and other work activities.
- Ability to work independently in order to successfully meet the mission and goals of the department.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Bilingual fluent in both English and Spanish
Work for Warriors