Responsible for the review, accumulation and correction of accounting information as it relates to program and product costs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Each level of Cost Accountant has additional duties and responsibilities
Cost Accountant I
- Coordinate and perform audit functions with internal and external auditors such as DCAA, DCMA, corporate internal, company internal, Deloitte and Touche, Commercial bank and other personnel to include:
- Time Keeping Audits - Lead time keeping audit program, train internal auditors, and perform corrective action re-audits
- Inventory Audits – Internal WIP manufacturing floor audits and cycle count audits
- Assistance with data collection for government/customer audits - financial audits such as bank audits, proposal audits, incurred cost audits, and any other audits
- Maintain financial historical records by filing auditing documents
- Travel to manufacturing facility (Sacramento) as necessary in order to complete required audit tasks
- Develop working relationships with teams across the plant
- Assist in month-end closing to include but not limited to:
- Labor review and reconciliation
- Inventory variance reconciliations to include:
- Inventory adjustments
- Work order closure variances
- Other month end close responsibilities as assigned
- Work with other departments as necessary to review and correct ERP discrepancies to include:
- Cost account discrepancies
- Unit of measure errors
- Labor and material reporting issues
- May work with IT department to upgrade systems associated with cost accounting and actual cost reporting requirements
- Assist in various cost accounting projects as assigned by Programs Cost Accounting Manager
Cost Accountant II
- Responsible for activities related to month-end closing to include but not limited to:
- Inventory Reconciliation
- Project WIP Reconciliation
- Maintain physical inventory accuracy within MRP and ERP working with Material Control to reconcile and make corrections as necessary.
- Review, adjust and correct labor and material reporting issues.
- Manage project close to ensure disposition of all open items.
- Assist in maintenance of overhead rates in ERP system.
- Review work of Cost Accountant I as necessary.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effects on costs.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting cost and gross margin of products or services.
- May work with IT department to upgrade systems associated with cost accounting and actual cost reporting requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Each successive level of Cost Accountant builds upon additional knowledge, skills and abilities for the previous level as listed.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards and company policies.
- Must be available to work extended hours when required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to remain calm and stay in command of stressful situations and be resourceful and efficient.
- Ability to multitask, be proactive, prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to justify decisions verbally or in written documentation when reviewed.
- Must be willing to provide support to other departments as needed.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions.
- Must be flexible and motivated with a high level of initiative to close open action items.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience training others desired.
- Ability to manage complexities and analyze information to make informed decisions.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent PC computing skills.
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel.
- Intermediate ERP or MRP system skills or ability to learn systems quickly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Each successive level of Cost Accountant builds upon additional education and experience for the previous level as listed.
- Cost Accountant IBachelors Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 1 to 3 years experience related to cost accounting functions in a project engineering or manufacturing environment.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Cost Accountant II
- 3 to 5 years experience related to cost accounting functions in a project engineering or manufacturing environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and/or manufacturing environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel between locations
Kratos UAS, based in Sacramento, CA, designs and delivers advanced defense, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats, inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. #KUAS