Under general supervision, safely and efficiently operates a van or minibus. Provides for the transportation of employees to/from work in accordance with an established schedule and route. Employees in the job classification assist employees onto and off of assigned vehicle to assure safety of passengers while riding if required. Accurate records of trips are maintained for each assigned route. This job class requires the ability to safely operate assigned vehicles, navigate to various locations and maintain related records.
1. *Operates a multi-passenger vehicle to transport passengers, including persons with disabilities, from established “pick-up/drop-off” locations, to their assigned work site and then returned to the “pick-up/drop-off” locations. This position requires working non-traditional hours and/or split shifts.
2. *Maintains accurate and legible records and logs of trip information and behavior of passengers as required.
3. *Performs vehicle inspections and reports any mechanical problems or defects of the assigned vehicle prior to departure.
4. Clean and/or service vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories.
5. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.