Under general supervision the Floor/Utility Technician is responsible for the cleaning and restoring of tile, carpet and other flooring surfaces. Employees in this job class perform stripping, waxing, scrubbing, buffing, carpet cleaning and other restorative tasks for assigned areas. This job class requires knowledge of floor care equipment, materials, procedures and the ability perform quality work in a safe manner at all times.
1. *Schedule required or requested floor tasks with supervisor or lead
2. *Inspect and prepare necessary equipment and chemicals required for scheduled procedures
3. *Complete necessary floor tasks, followed by a quality review of project
4. *Properly secure all equipment at completion of tasks
5. *Request necessary repairs, install local out tag when required
6. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.