Job Summary: Responsible for assisting in the efficient transportation including pick–up and delivery of product from warehouse to jobsite. Essential Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Assist in transportation of product to jobsites as scheduled by Delivery Supervisor in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in loading and unloading delivery trucks in warehouse as to efficiently receive stock and/ or fill orders for transport; verify counts, and condition to ensure damage-free delivery.
- Provide accurate and efficient navigation to the Delivery Driver.
- Inspect all vehicles daily for safety and overall operation as required by Blue Mountain Inc., Federal, and State transportation mandates.
- Maintain the safe operation of assigned equipment at all times.
- Perform a thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspection of any equipment operated in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Company Policy.
- Assist in maintenance of accurate and complete driver logs, delivery logs, and driver vehicle inspection reports.
- Service truck with fuel, wiper blades, oil, and other basic elements as outlined by company.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- During slow times assist other departments in warehouse where needed.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements: (Same questions as the Delivery Driver position for the Qualifications section of this JD)
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license class “C” required, and class “A” preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English in both verbal and written formats. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a DOT Drug Screen.
- Prior forklift experience preferred.
- Required to possess organizational skills as well as be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to interface with other Blue Mountain employees.
- Must possess mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job duties.