Patriot Environmental Services is the premier provider of environmental services on the west coast, including emergency response, industrial services, and waste management. Patriot is currently searching for Emergency Spill Response Technicians in the Richmond and Sacramento areas. The selected individuals will work with crews to perform tasks associated with tank cleaning, high pressure water blasting, emergency response clean-up, hazardous waste clean-up, and the handling of hazardous materials.
- Perform appropriate activities for the safe and expedient cleanup of hazardous waste/toxic materials.
- Perform tank cleaning, brushing, sweeping, shoveling and pressure washing, following all safety procedures.
- Follow policies and procedures for control and storage of hazardous substances.
- Operate equipment used in hazardous waste activities.
- Maintain cordial working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Attend follow-up safety training as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Lifting/carrying: Frequent daily up to 50 pounds
- Pushing/pulling: Frequent daily basis
- Twisting/turning: Frequent daily basis
- Lift items over head: Frequent daily basis
- Standing: 6-8 hours daily
- Crouching/stooping: Prolonged periods
- Typing/data entry: Frequent daily basis
- Equipment used: Emergency air monitoring equipment, emergency response equipment, radio communications equipment.
- Travel requirements: Frequent overnight travel
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Two years of experience in hazardous waste control required
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must respond 24/7 when on call
- Must pass pre-hire drug screen and physical tests