Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Event Operations Intern with experience in events and event coordination to provide high-level administrative support to the national events team in an extremely fast paced office environment. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavior change, a history of administrative support for events and activations, and has extensive understanding of standard office administrative practices and procedures. Candidate must be organized, skilled at time management and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the national events team.
- Responsible for heavy calendar management and interaction with internal staff, campaign partners and vendors;
- Updates and maintains Google drive systems, marketing communications and staffing documentation;
- Take notes at meetings to convert to minutes and internal reporting;
- Provide event logistics and program operations support to National Events Director as needed (such as shipping to/from event, communicating event setup/breakdown details, maintain records of supplies, update and track deliverables needed per event, manage timelines, ensure venues and vendors invoices/payments are received and accounted for);
- Assists in scheduling and preparation of staff trainings, meetings and video/audio conferencing;
- Maintain training tools, templates and checklists to assist in the onboarding and ongoing coaching of staff;
- Prepares and updates meeting agendas on a weekly basis. Reconcile event recaps and expenses as needed;
- Assist with contract creation and distribution logistics for all vendors across the country;
- Assists in team travel logistics by developing itineraries and agendas; book air and ground transportation, arrange lodging accommodations, meeting/event registrations and meal function reservations;
- Manage day-to-day LA Office administrative duties, including but not limited to, office supply management, shipping/receiving, liaison for building operations and other external collaborators.
- High School Diploma/GED;
- Understanding of standard office administrative practices and procedures;
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as, Google Documents;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize numerous projects at once;
- Understanding of deadline-driven, collaborative environment;
- Ability to quickly identify problems and solve them.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Status: Part-time position
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.