Under general supervision performs University of the Pacific, Sacramento Campus patrol and security related duties; enforces campus policies, state, county and city ordinances, and does other work as required.
1. Advises, directs and provides information to students, employees and the public.
2. Patrols designated areas by foot or bicycle, and uses a public safety equipped vehicle and Sacramento Police radio. Patrols campus including buildings, grounds, parking lots and adjacent streets; sees that doors and windows are properly secured and locked; safeguards property of the Sacramento Campus. Assumes fixed post assignments.
3. Responds to calls for service and assistance.
4. Opens and closes facilities. Monitors alarm systems and responds when necessary. Monitors and controls access to buildings and restricted areas. Inspects buildings for security, fire, and potential accident and/or hazards and takes preventive or corrective action as appropriate.
5. Provides escort services by foot and/or vehicle.
6. Provides security for large gatherings and campus activities.
7. Administers first aid and CPR.
8. Makes preliminary investigations and investigations of crimes and disorders, searches and arrests within scope of employment. Prepares reports. May testify in court.
9. Enforces automobile parking regulations.
10. Carries a firearm, baton, chemical agents, and handcuffs.
11. Enforces rules and regulations of the Sacramento campus while cooperating with other law enforcement agencies.
12. Each Public Safety Officer may have additional duties that are assigned to their position, such as fire safety, training, lost and found property, and work calendar.
13. Designated Campus Security Authority.
14. Performs other duties as required.
Derrick Jackson- Resource Manager