Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Are you committed to safety? Georgia-Pacific is looking for motivated and detail oriented individuals to join our team as a Flexo Machine Assistant in Santa Fe Springs, CA. The Converting Machine Assistant creates value by safely operating production machines to meet and exceed the plant’s production and quality goals. Candidates who acquire the knowledge and skills to be successful in the Flexo Machine Assistant position will have exciting opportunities for advancement. If this sounds like the role for you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products for various industries. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific and our corrugated facilities please visit http://www.gppackaging.com/
Wages starting at $17.50 an hour.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while helping to meet and exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Assisting Converting Operator with troubleshooting and making minor machine adjustments
- Maintaining cleanliness in designated work area throughout shift
- Handling or assisting all aspects of the machine’s daily production including setting-up, operating, maintaining production quality and daily maintenance
What do you need?
- High school diploma or GED
- Six (6) months or more of experience operating or assisting on a machine
- Willing and able to work any shift, including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 8 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
What would put you ahead?
- Experience within the corrugated industry
- Experience using a computer to perform the following tasks: email, data entry, creating documents, etc.
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness