Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity? Georgia-Pacific in Santa Fe Springs, CA is seeking to hire an experienced Die Cutter Machine Operator to join our production team. Our facility is a leading corrugated box manufacturer and part of our Packaging division. We manufacture standard corrugated containers as well as many specialty packaging products such as corrugated packaging used in storing food items and bulk containers.
By demonstrating teamwork and a commitment to attendance excellence, Die Cutter Machine Operators support the long-term quality and production goals of the organization!
Wages starting at $18.50 an hour.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Train crew members on various parts of the die cutter to allow employees to flow to work and minimize production interruptions
- Properly operate the flat-bed die cutter
- Lead set-ups, troubleshooting and making machine adjustments
- Lead crew to maintain and exceed set production goals
- Ensure crew adheres to quality standards and communicate when defects are found
- Hold crew accountable for maintaining equipment to appropriate standards
- Keep work area clean throughout the shift
- Perform quality checks as required
What You Will Need:
- Experience operating a flat-bed die cutter
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Willing and able to work in an environment which could require bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, climbing stairs or ladders and working in high (e.g. elevated platforms/workstations, etc.) for at least 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 35 pounds
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced manufacturing plant (dedicated assembly, warehousing, shipping and receiving not applicable)
- Previous experience with preventive or predictive maintenance on manufacturing equipment
- Previous experience using a computer for basic record-keeping and documentation functions
- Completed coursework in manufacturing, mechanics, electronics or a technical field
- Previous experience operating a Bobst Flat-bed Die Cutter
Work for Warriors (SoCal)