Full time / Part-time
Perform tasks across the Project Management processes of initiating, organizing, integrating, planning, managing & controlling, developing and completing projects or programs. Identification of production work priority, troubleshooting financial, schedule and forecasted data, analyzing work technical specifications and supporting the compartment closeout/systems restoration effort. May support new business development activities and participate in developing strategic and financial plans for assigned business area.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards or wide application of technical principles. Full knowledge of industry practices
- Responsible for the identification, integration and analysis of critical path and controlling work.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Work is performed under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normal have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Responsible for the development of an Integrated Total Ship Test Plan.
- Prepare and manage a Comprehensive Test Plan.
- Manage the Total Ship Testing Task Group to coordinate testing activities including maintaining meeting minutes and agendas.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Familiar with marine equipment and systems
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge, understanding and experience with work specifications, diagrams, blueprints, drawings, test procedures, NAVSEA Standard Items and technical manuals
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Have the ability to multitask, and have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note
- Strong understanding of Earned Value Management principals
Preferred Skills and Education
- High School or 8+ years of equivalent related experience.
- Six (6+) years with an AA or experience operating U.S. Navy shipboard equipment as a quality assurance inspector, assistant ship superintendent or, member of a project management team.
- Four (4+) years with a BS degree or equivalent related experience
- Knowledge of Shipboard Work Control Procedures, Tag-Out Procedures, and Government Work Authorization Form (WAF) controls.
- Familiarity with International Standards for Organizations