The Communications Writer is a permanent, full-time position responsible for producing materials for external audiences, including current and prospective enrollees; current and prospective dentists and corporate audiences, supporting Sales, Direct to Consumer and Professional Relations/Network Development departments and the enterprise. Writing should be succinct, engaging, follow brand standards and in a voice appropriate to the audience.
How You Will Make An Impact:
- Manages communications projects from inception through distribution (researching/interviewing, writing, editing and obtaining approvals; project management through graphic design and production; e-distribution and maintenance to ensure information is current and accurate). Includes Delta Dental and second brand projects.
- Develops corporate and strategic marketing messages and content for the enterprise, which requires understanding complexities including insurance industry regulations, product characteristics and an understanding of the health care industry. Presents complex ideas in an understandable, relatable and engaging format.
- Produces and maintains web and intranet content, produces blog and electronic newsletter, open enrollment collateral, ads, letter and email communications, and PowerPoint presentations, with special attention to succinct copy and visual storytelling.
- Writes compelling, persuasive content for B2B and B2C email campaigns, recruitment materials and other sales-type communications to produce actionable results.
- Handles crisis communications topics with sensitivity and an understanding of nuance.
- Oversees the Corporate Reference Guide, audience writing guides, letterhead templates and other corporate projects and serves as ambassador for the brand.
- Performs workflow tracking and recording to meet deadlines and for monthly reporting purposes.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or a related field.
- A minimum of 3+ years successful work experience in a related field.
- Outstanding marketing and web writing skills, with samples to demonstrate previous work.
- Detailed knowledge and application of English grammar (must pass rigorous writing/editing/proofreading test).
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex concepts and write appropriate and engaging copy tailored to a variety of audiences and situations.
- Flexible, creative, energetic, detail oriented and demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Accountable for a high volume of projects and able to meet a variety of short- and long-term deadlines. Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative and able to work in a team environment while demonstrating initiative on an individual basis.
- Knowledge of print and web design and SEO best practices.
- Knowledge of content management and workflow management systems a plus.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, WordPress and SharePoint.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows platform and MS Office suite.
- A strong team player with a customer-centric mindset.
- Exceptional organizational/time management and project management skills, and multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of health care industry and of Delta Dental products, policies and guidelines a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities