SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of plumbing, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on rolling stock equipment and components in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
• Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
• Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
• Installs, maintains and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic circuits and systems.
• Repairs brake, water heating and sanitation systems.
• Installs, maintains and repairs heating and cooling equipment and related piping.
• Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
• Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement and rebuilding of mechanic equipment and systems.
• Experience testing equipment and repairs to water and sanitation systems.
• Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings.
• Knowledge and skill in the use of specialized tools, equipment and measurements necessary to meet established standards.
• Some computer skills.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment.
• Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.