Under direct supervision, the scope of this position is responsible for maintenance items, installations and general repairs.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct minor maintenance and repair on all areas of the facility; including, but not limited to: flooring, wall patch, painting, plumbing, lighting, ceiling, tile, doors, etc.
- Electrical installations and wiring.
- Plumbing installations and piping.
- Flooring patches and repairs for sheet vinyl and VCT.
- On-site escort of contractors and vendors.
- Installation of minor equipment.
- Organize and direct small projects and minor build outs not requiring the services of a general contractor.
- Assist with HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assist Facilities Technician I; may be asked to train and/or mentor.
- Carry out various tasks with site security systems such as conducting security badging; maintain security access control, and CCTV systems.
- Minor moving of furniture and conference room setup.
- On-call responder for alarm calls, 24/7 coverage.
- Knowledgeable of federal and other regulations, e.g. QSR’s, ISO, ISO 13485, CMDR.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Alere Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
Preferred educational background:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Trade school preferred.
- Three to five years maintenance experience preferably in medical or health related environment.
- General carpentry, electrical, HVAC, flooring and plumbing skills required.
- Able to work with a variety of people on multiple tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and willing to take on multiple new tasks and responsibilities.
- Independent collaborative self-starter with the ability to make appropriate quality-related decisions in real time.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment while satisfying individual responsibilities and objectives.
- Computer literacy; including MS Office.
Full benefits, retirement, and 3 weeks vacation!