At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our La Mirada, CA Packaging facility is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Maintenance Electrician.
This position starts at $37 an hour and offers competitive benefits.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
• Helping meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a
• Installing and repairing motors, drives, and other electrical equipment
• Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, and couplings
• Reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
What You Will Need:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience working with 480-volt systems
• Electrical maintenance experience within an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
• Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
• Experience troubleshooting electrical systems
• Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes
• Willing and able to work any shift to include: holidays, weekends, and overtime
• Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
• Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Certified Electrician
• Experience programming and troubleshooting PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers)
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
• Experience with a manual lathe and milling machine
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.