Counter Server Position Summary:
A Counter Server is responsible for maintaining customer service according to Restaurant standards while taking orders, delivering food, bussing tables, merchandising food, cleaning, cashiering and receiving and stocking product. This position has the knowledge of and maintains sanitary food handling practices. The Counter Server interacts with customers in a positive manner by assisting them promptly, and approaching them in a hospitable, friendly way.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a customer-friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer in a positive manner, solid menu and product knowledge, and all other components of the restaurant’s customer service standards in order to take care of a customer’s needs.
In addition the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining the highest level of service and hospitality according to Restaurant standards
- Maintains an awareness of food and product information, promotions, special offers and advertisements
- Knowledge of and maintaining sanitary food handling practices and restaurant cleanliness before, during, and after shift
- Communicates guest requests to co-workers and/or management in a prompt, efficient manner
- Assists in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and restaurant housekeeping
- Assists in processing and replenishing food and merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensures re-wraps are done promptly
- Accurately and efficiently completes all sales transactions and maintains proper cash accountabilities at registers
- Cooperates and interacts with colleagues in a positive, respectful manner and with a team approach, offering to assist as needed in order to ensure customer service
- Reports to work on time and as assigned per the schedule on a regular, consistent basis
- Any other duties as assigned by management