PLUMBER (4206 Series)
•Installing, modifying, and repairing new and existing utility, supply, and disposal
systems and equipment within facility infrastructure such as sewage, water, oil, and gas
distribution systems, and water closets, tubs, fire sprinkler systems, showers, fixtures,
fittings, appliances and specialized equipment.
•You will inspect and test systems and equipment for correct operation, flow, drainage,
and sanitary conditions.
• You will use blueprints to determine any modifications needed in the plumbing system
(e.g., openings, slant, level of water, gas lines).
• You will use measuring instruments (e.g., rules, levels) to locate and mark the position
of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures.
• You will use shop mathematics to determine the correct size of openings, valve sizes,
and pipe sizes
• You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
• You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves,
coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of
the work shift (Company provided).
• This position requires rotating shift work.
• Emergency overtime may be required.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and
labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the
quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at
the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality
of experience, not necessarily the length of time. Your qualifications will be evaluated
on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility
for this job.
1) Installing, modifying, and repairing plumbing systems (e.g., sewage, water, oil, air,
and gas distribution systems, water closets, tubs, backflow, prevention
devices/assemblies, fire sprinkler systems, and showers), determining equipment,
tools, and parts needed for plumbing repair work
2) Reviewing blueprints, building plans, or specifications to determine plumbing
work details or procedures.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management
(OPM) Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations (X-118C).
• The work involves making repairs and installations from ladders, scaffolding, and
platforms, and where the parts of systems worked on may be in hard-to-reach places.
This requires standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in tiring and
• May be required to lift, carry, and set up parts and equipment that weigh up 40
• The work is done inside and outside, and is usually dirty, dusty, and greasy.
• May be required to make repairs and installations outside in bad weather.
• May occasionally make repairs in areas where bad smelling fumes are present.
• May occasional be exposed to the possibility of broken bones and/or scrapes, burns,
• This position may be considered ESSENTIAL and the incumbent will be required to
report for duty or held in a duty status to provide support before, during, and/or after
special emergency situations, such as, but not limited to, destructive weather, disasters,
or period of increased security threat.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and
abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and
specific when describing your experience. You will be rated based on the information
provided in your resume along with your supporting documentation to determine your
ability to demonstrate the following job elements:
• ABILITY TO DO THE WORK OF THE POSITION WITHOUT MORE THAN NORMAL
• ABILITY TO INTERPRET INSTRUCTIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS, INCLUDING BLUEPRINT
• MEASUREMENT AND LAYOUT
• TECHNICAL PRACTICES (THEORETICAL, PRECISE, ARTISTIC)
Jiro Yamamoto, Team D