As a growing Department of Defense Contractor, AUSGAR Technologies is expanding its workforce and has a NEW OPENING for a Cybersecurity Engineer III.
This position provides Cybersecurity Engineering, DIACAP/RMF, and Cross Domain Solution (CDS) Certification & Accreditation (C&A) support for a Science and Technology (S&T) Unmanned Systems program.
The candidate’s responsibility is to assist in the management of Cybersecurity activities to include C&A, Information Assurance, Security Engineering, CDS accreditations, operations and test of developmental technologies.
Specific tasks include:
- Designs, implements, and remediates system-wide cybersecurity requirements.
- Translate user and systems requirements into technical specifications and assist in solutions development.
- Install, configure, maintain, and manage servers, workstations, virtual environment, communication systems, and encryption devices.
- Generate and/or update cybersecurity related documentation. Ensures that supporting artifacts, test results, and eMASS are complete in support of RMF Assessment & Authorization (A&A) approval.
- Generate systems architecture presentation in support of program reviews and approval activities.
- Review, edit, and/or generate CDS documentation and artifacts in support of CDS accreditation process.
- Document and update systems build, installation, and operations procedures/manuals.
- Participate in collaboration meetings with Echelon II, Navy CA, DAA/NAO, CDTAB, and DSAWG as required.
- Perform security lockdowns on DoD systems IAW STIGs, SRG, and DoD/NIST checklists.
- Generate waiver and justification papers to support systems architecture and security approvals.
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 5-9 Years of cyber engineering experience and at least 8 years of IT/CS experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of Cybersecurity experience.
- 5-9 Years of cyber engineering experience, and at least 8 years of IT/CS experience.
- DoD 8140 Cyberspace Workforce Level II certification required.
- Security+ certification.
- CCNP and Linux+ preferred or must be able to obtain within one year.
- Knowledge of applicable DoD, NSA, DISA, and NIST policies and guidance.
- Hands-on IT systems security implementation experience, good working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Windows Operating System, virtual systems, routers, firewalls, and related infrastructure devices.
- Knowledge DoD security tools such as ACAS, SCAP, STIG Viewer, Checklists, HBSS.
- Experience in technical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with teams in various time zones.
- Some travel required (15%).
- TS/SCI clearance required.
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a Secret security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.