Mgr. Tool Die Making 1
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Sector in Palmdale is seeking a qualified applicant to join our team of diverse individuals within the Assembly Tooling department for multiple shifts.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for all assembly tooling operations within PAIC, this position requires a highly motivated individual willing to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with dynamic requirements, with an emphasis on manufacturing and customer support. The applicant must have the ability to make decisions quickly under pressure; the candidate must develop solutions and resolve issues to a variety of complex tooling problems in order to mitigate build, fabrication & rework issues when non-conformance’ occur. The candidate will provide day-to-day leadership to the tooling operations department in order to support the build / maintenance of all tools for given programs within PAIC. Candidate must provide an atmosphere focused on team building and collaboration across multiple departments . The applicant will develop & maintain work-load and budget tracking matrixes as well as provide schedule & status updates to senior leadership on a rhythmic basis. Perform root cause analysis, produce reports, and implement changes to reduce cost and waste.
The Candidate will support & develop and motivate a multi-skilled workforce as well as develop training plans in order to prepare the organization to meet the current and future needs of our customer.
Candidate will ensure all direct reports maintain compliance to matters related to certifications & training including Safety; Housekeeping, Program/DOD security briefings and refreshers; Ethics; ITAR compliance; daily and accurate timekeeping; Dept. training, Factory Accountability.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/HYPERLINK "http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo" SQMVideo
- The ideal candidate must have a Associates Degree and 5 years of tooling or management experience or the equivalence of 9 years of related experience in lieu of a degree
- A strong background in assembly tooling, machine shop operations, welding, periodic tooling inspections and verifications and reworks.
- Experienced with managing tooling schedules & work plans to meet manufacturing commitments.
- Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance is required.
- Aerospace manufacturing experience is a preferred.
- Ability to work within an aerospace production environment with an emphasis on tooling operations and production interface is preferred.
- A working knowledge of manufacturing engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
- Experience in creating & developing company policies and procedures and provide training within the core skill areas to manufacturing teams and peers.
- Metrology experience is preferred.
- Experienced with CATIA V5 is preferred
- Experienced with MES & TSW
- Current DOD Clearance is preferred
The ideal candidate must have a Associates Degree and 5 years of tooling or management experience or the equivalence of 9 years of related experience in lieu of a degree