At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Manager Production Planning Scheduling 2 for the F-35 program located in the Palmdale, CA facility.
The Production Planning Scheduling Manager 2 will be responsible to drive world class performance across the F35 shop floor integration organization.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
Don't miss this great opportunity to join a dynamic and highly successful team who provides world class value and support to our customers.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of manufacturing, production control, materials, procurement and/or quality experience (3+ years with a Masters degree).
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment and in depth knowledge of global supply chain goods movement processes
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Vizio
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Strong communication skills
- Orientated for teamwork and objective results
- Proactive attitude and ability to work under pressured environment
- Dynamic, high energy, strategic thinking, charismatic and personable leader with proven track record of high performance in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- SAP Knowledge and lean six sigma certified
•Bachelor's degree•5 years of manufacturing, production control, materials, procurement and/or quality experience (3+ years with a Masters degree).