San Diego, CA
As an Institutional Tax Analyst Representative, the associate will provide daily support and work closely with Representatives within the Institutional Advisor Relations Department to manage the relationships of Registered Investment Advisors and their customers by responding to tax related service needs. The associate will serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the topic of taxes and taxes processing.
- Subject Matter Expert-Taxes
- Provide middle office support to front line reps within IBS by answering questions/resolving tax related inquiries submitted
- Properly manage assigned departmental work items related to business functions including tax inquiry requests, balance verification requests and account valuation requests.
- Processing balance inquiry requests (date of death valuations, verifications of deposit, audits, etc.)
- Record accurate client data and profile information that can be used by marketing to assess the effectiveness of promotions
- Provide statistical information to business partners and business leaders related to taxes/balance verifications
- Directly responsible and able to explain implications of taxable transactions, tax form production (in accordance with IRS regulations) reconciling back office tax buckets, adjusting tax reporting, and service support
- Working with internal/external contacts to explain complex tax questions
- Reconciling tax transactions to resolve tax related issues
- Effectively make outbound calls to current clients
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Capable of quickly building good rapport with prospects and clients, assessing their needs and presenting features and benefits of TD Ameritrade's products and services
- The ability to work independently with a high degree of quality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to reconcile and explain tax transactions
- Series 7 and 63
- 5 years of experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 4 Year College Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
Sr Talent Acquisition Partner