Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks an Operations, Planning and Control Manager 3 to join our Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) team located at the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation’s business focus area on Communications, we are the “equipment providers.” Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way.
The Operations, Planning, and Control Manager 3 plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and Coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure materials and services are provided as needed. Confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders, shop load and inventory requirements. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
Other duties include:
• Establishes and maintains build plans for production programs, based on program contract requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring the health and accuracy of requirements data in SAP/MRP.
• Responsible for defining the acquisition requirements for material to meet set schedules, and tracking/managing status to need.
• Manage and eliminate root cause of shortages.
• Responsible for the on time start and completions of internal builds.
• Manages departmental metrics.
• Develop manpower plans.
• Develop BOEs for new and ongoing proposals.
• Facilitate employee hiring, development and training needed to meet projected program demands.
• Responsible for managing indirect budgets and direct material budgets for multiple programs.
• Material cost reduction initiatives.
• Manage material acquisition to meet program milestones as required.
• Champion and drive process improvements across all areas of responsibility.
• Bachelor's degree with 8-10 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
• SAP/MRP Experience Required.
• Material/Planning Management Background.
• Strong Understanding of Manufacturing Work Flow Systems.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Functional and personnel management of teams >15 people.
• Experience with SAP and other MRP/ERP tools applied in a manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Understanding of electronics manufacturing and current manufacturing workflow tools and software.
• Understanding of process controls and compliance oversight and ability to apply business based analysis.