Description Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an immediate need for a Operations Program Engineering Manager 2 working within Manufacturing and support the Advanced Tactical Networks Operating Unit located in San Diego, CA.
• Manage the production execution for Operating Units programs.
• Manufacturing cost and schedule performance.
• Manufacturing lead for all proposals in the Operating Unit.
• Create and lead teams to resolve the issues adversely impacting the execution of the programs.
• Understand and report on program production status at the required level of detail to program personnel, director, VP, and customers.
• Ensure manufacturing has the needed resources (resources manufacturing needs as well as allocation of resources from manufacturing) to execute the programs.
• Serve as Functional Manager for 3 to 6 direct reports.
• Direct the work of your reporting Operations Program Managers.
• Perform manpower planning and determine hiring needed to support your area.
• Mentor, develop, and assess direct reports.
• Work with cross organizational teams and customers.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 2+ years of experience in a people leadership role.
• 5 + years of experience working in production, manufacturing, test, project engineering, IPT, Manufacturing Operations Manager, or similar roles.
• Ability to set and clearly articulate goals/priorities and successfully communicate them to key staff.
• Strong leadership skills and a track record of building high-performance teams, with a particular focus on employee development, engagement, inclusion and retention.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
• Experience in the manufacturing and testing of hardware.
• 5+ years of recent programs experience.
• Recent and related business area leadership experience.
• Active Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Gary Munson Team C