This position generally plays one of several roles of various indigenous people in a foreign culture. The mission is usually scheduled on a military base in a realistic village erected for the purpose of training U.S. military personnel to relate to the general populace of a foreign culture.
- Previous experience as a Role Player preferred.
- Experience in improvisational or semi-scripted acting preferred.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
Other Qualifiying Factors:
- Fluent in English and at least one of the following languages:
- French Somali
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in the United States.
- Ability to understand English.
- Ability to evaluate and respond realistically to actions of other role players, including U.S. military personnel.
- Ability to provide accurate cultural knowledge of the region being duplicated in the mission.
- Improvise convincing reactions to changing and unscripted U.S. military character and trainee movements within the training environment.
- Ability to work from 1 or more days at a time at secured locations and work up to 12 hours per day.
Adheres to military training standards at all times including but not limited to:
- Staying within assigned training lane
- Remaining “in role” during training mission
- Following required security rules for the assigned military base
- Accurately portraying culture to U.S. military personnel
Communicates with co-workers, supervisors, military personnel and others in a courteous and professional manner.
Portrays an assigned role. Stays in character, applies independent judgment within the scripted scenario or ad lib if directed. Utilizes creativity to make the situation real in a training environment.
Must speak the required language and act in a manner consistent with the assigned role.
Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Conforms to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
Dress in costume appropriate to the role.
Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge of Operations, Stratagies, Combat Planning, Maneuvers, Communications, See Description