If you're a Veteran, Member of the Guard or Reserves, or a Military Spouse, we can assist you! We gladly help those from all military branches.
The Cashier is the front line personnel responsible for greeting, engaging and interacting with all customers entering and exiting the facility. The position requires cash handling, making correct change, monitoring transactions, etc. for traffic entering/exiting the facility. Part-time, full-time, weekends and overnight shifts are available.
How do you know if this is the right job for you?!
- Dynamic. You’re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
- Dependable. Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it’s not in your nature.
- Good under pressure. You don’t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
- Proficient in basic math.
- Good at communicating professionally and effectively.
- Able to speak, read, and comprehend English easily.
- A team player. You’re open to different opinions and can help motivate your team.
- Capable of working in an unsupervised setting.
- Able to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
What will I do?
- Meet and greet each customer with courtesy and great customer service.
- Collect the parking fees and provide correct change.
- Understand and know how to handle different types of parkers; i.e. tenants, visitors, employees, administration, etc.
- Understand the surroundings and building area in order to answer questions.
- Complete the daily report.
- Assist in staffing the exit or entry booth during peak collection hours in order to facilitate exit /entry should problems occur.
- Utilize the equipment properly.
- Adhere to dress code.
- Follow all safety standards.
- Communicate with management, supervisors and traffic directors.
- Answer customer service questions concerning parking and answer general customer. inquiries in a courteous, professional and effective manner, referring questions to the supervisor when applicable.
- Determine traffic flow in times of equipment failure or during periods of construction.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Field additional duties if they are assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years in a customer service role.
- Experience handling cash, conducting monetary transactions.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working in outdoor/extreme weather conditions preferred.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Able to work outside in any weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, heat, etc.).
- Able to continuously stand for extended periods of time (3-6 hours).