If you are a veteran or immediate family member of a veteran and are interested AND are qualified for this position, send your resume directly to me at email@example.com. Please outline in your email the name of the position you are applying to and address your qualifications in the body of the email.
I will review your resume and then reach out to you directly with instructions on how to complete the application process Tesla has created specifically for Work For Warriors applicants.
While this position is located in Fremont, CA, relocation benefits would be available for the right candidate(s).
Fremont – Supervisor, Maintenance
Manage a group of equipment maintenance technicians that are responsible for equipment availability, and performance. Perform preventative maintenance and repair on a variety of electro-mechanical, robotic, and pneumatic automobile manufacturing equipment. Develop and maintain maintenance and calibration schedules for all tools, machinery and equipment used in the General Assembly manufacturing area of the facility. Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures. Manage workload with a positive attitude as a hands-on team player in a collaborative work environment.
This person must be able to build upon previous successes and take our Maintenance teams to the next level. They must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and department leaders to address concerns and issues that affect part quality, production efficiency, work cell ergonomics, equipment maintenance, etc. The successful candidate will also have exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and management skills, demonstrating the ability to be an innovator and change agent.
- Establish systems to ensure that preventative maintenance is 100% on-time and effective for all manufacturing tools and equipment, including robots and other automated and semi-automated manufacturing systems.
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment, including rapid response on broken equipment to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
- Establish a positive work environment for non-exempt workers to be productive, and completely engaged with Tesla Mission, Core Values, and Culture.
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Assist with electrical and mechanical code compliance, safety, and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Maintain and help develop up-to-date maintenance and calibration procedures and schedules.
- Support Lean Manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure maintenance instructions and schedules are always available and current.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Controls Technicians to increase efficiency and productivity on the production line.
- Develop new Maintenance instructions for new equipment or equipment changes, and train Maintenance Teams.
- Will support both day and night shift manufacturing schedule (Some weekends and holiday required).
- Manage repairs/troubleshooting exactly to instructed process.
- Manage small projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Drive to reduce cost of ownership for all Equipment.
- Provide clear report for all unscheduled down event on critical equipment.
- Provide support to ensure that all equipment installation and modifications are effective.
- Manage workload with positive attitude and proactively help co-workers.
- BS Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical engineering, military or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in supervision and/or leadership
- 5+ years of extensive experience with troubleshooting and correcting industrial equipment maintenance - breakdowns and failure
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of maintenance technician management experience in a high-volume manufacturing/industrial environment is required, military or equivalent experience.
- Skilled at troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, welding, robotic and/or pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrated experience with 3-phase 480/208 VAC, single-phase 208/120 VAC, and 24 VDC systems.
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining or welding experience.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to include monitoring, scheduling, and creating work orders and preventative maintenance schedules
- Must be skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.).
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Basic drafting experience preferred. (SolidWorks and AutoCAD experience a plus.)
- Availability off-hours and weekend calls
Salary Range: Can be discussed during first phone interview with the Tesla Recruiter
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage).
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution.
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage).
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability.
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts.