The successful candidate will be responsible for fabrication and assembly of parts on custom vehicle build projects and fabricating custom engine turbo systems, intakes, and more.
Primary responsibilities include the ability to cut, fit and weld all ferrous materials, aluminum, and stainless. Have a strong understanding of materials, their strengths and weaknesses and how to apply them. Have the ability to think outside the box to provide a solution and finished product. Work well in a team environment and have a strong mechanical aptitude. The candidate must be knowledgeable in automotive performance technologies and have strong verbal and written communication skills. He or she will be working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and customers and must have effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
The key objectives and challenges of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Cutting, fitting, welding, building and assembly of custom components on vehicles.
- Work with the project coordinator and customer to understand the customer needs and goals for the build.
- Design the most optimized solution in-line with the vehicle or engine requirements and expected performance.
- Be able to perform mechanical work, assemble, design, and test.
- Possess the ability to learn and adapt to business and customer needs.
- The successful candidate will have at least 10-15 years’ experience combined in fabrication, welding, automotive performance build and assembly work.
- Have thorough knowledge of materials and their application.
- This individual will possess a powerful blend of fabrication, welding, and mechanical building skills.
- Minimum of a high school education with additional college degree or equivalent certified training specific to this job requirement.
- Knowledge of the following are a plus; welding certifications, welding in all positions, materials, machining, vehicle and engine mechanical work, vehicle electrical systems.
- Automotive customization: 10 years
- Fabrication: 10 years
- High school or equivalent