Set shift. Not on call.
Our Mobile Trailer Mechanics are responsible for servicing our tractors, trailers, chassis, containers, and power equipment at a customer site or rail yard through the use of a mobile service truck. Specific duties include performing complete preventive maintenance services, replacing air lines, repairing/replacing brakes and brake chambers, repairing lights and wiring, welding, cutting, and other repairs.
Here’s why our mechanics love this job…
“I left my last job because I couldn’t continue to work 3rd shift. Most of our mobile mechanics only work daylight hours, so the schedule works great for me. Plus, I’ve got the freedom to schedule my daily tasks as I see fit. I’ve been in the mobile mechanic position for 7 years now, and I won’t go back to the shop!” Ricky, Columbus, OH
“I work on customer sites and really enjoy visiting different accounts, meeting fleet managers, and learning more about how the business runs. I’ve worked in this position for a year, but have been with J.B. Hunt for 6 years total. As a people person, this has been my favorite position.” Gilberto, Dallas, TX
“Mobile mechanics get to work on tractors, trailers, containers, chassis, and lots of other equipment, so there are lots of opportunities to grow your skill set and advance. I enjoy trouble-shooting, and every day is something different.” Jose, South Gate, CA
· Minimum 1 year experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes. (Preferred).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Must have basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a computer.
· Must have proper tools.
If you are an experienced mechanic and this describes you…
· Take pleasure in working on late model equipment with the latest technology
· Want to work for a company that provides training and advancement opportunities
· Thrive on challenges that come with trouble shooting and problem solving
· Enjoy the freedom of working outdoors without the confinements of a shop environment
· Are confident in your abilities and enjoy working independently