Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Repairs/Return Production Control to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the Rancho Carmel Facility in San Diego, CA.
Join the men and women of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Mission Systems division of Northrop Grumman Information Systems. The business has developed and advanced software-defined radio technology for sophisticated communications in a network-centric environment.
A&TN focuses on providing advanced technologies, engineering development and production for our software-defined radio programs. A&TN programs include the communications, navigation and identification (CNI) production for F-22 and F-35 aircraft and production of advanced multi-function RF products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage field returns assets throughout their repair/retrofit process for F22, ICAP and JSF program.
- Maintains schedules for material requirements and availability for the manufacture of industrial and commercial products to support production control.
- Compiles records concerning quantity, cost, and type of material received, shipped, in stock or inventory, and/or in production.
- Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules.
- Assists in determining possible and actual shortages may initiate action to correct these deficiencies.
- Uses knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert proper authorities regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action.
- Estimates and logs production rate and time expenditures and may be required to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- High School diploma and 2 years additional education and/or related experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing work flow and MRP systems or similar
- Must be proficient in Excel and SAP/R3
- Able to communicate and collaborate with both customers and team members
- Have a broad understanding of manufacturing and test processes for electronic equipment from receiving through inspections, manufacturing , test, shipping and billing
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Availability for 1st or 2nd shift
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Analytical ability to review data for trends and opportunities for process improvement
- Computer skills including all Microsoft office tools and SAP
- Effective communication skills
- A balanced understanding of the engineering and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in electronics manufacturing is a plus