Ready to launch your career? RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
This position is located at Vandenberg Air Force Base
• Support all aspects of the Depot Repair Unit (DRU) repair operations including triage of incoming DRU items, vendor repairs, Vendor RMA’s, Purchase Requisitions for equipment repairs and parts and DRUMAR Data entry.
• Repair the equipment related to Command Destruct, Radar, Telemetry, Weather, UPS, Communications, Area Surveillance and Range Safety in a lab environment. (Include computers, servers, and all applicable site equipment processed through the Depot Repair Unit (DRU) and repair of electronic and electromechanical equipment in support of range prime mission equipment.).
• Perform routine test support operations based on standard operating procedures associated tools and test equipment.
• Perform technical duties in an electronic shop environment or out in the field.
• Perform other duties and cross utilization as assigned.
• Ability to work independently of direct supervision or technical personnel.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good organizational skills with specific emphasis on attention to detail.
• Associate degree in a related technical field degree or two (2) year technical school equivalent or combination of education, and experience or related military experience.
• Five or more years of applicable experience in electronics and electrical theory.
• Experience reading and comprehending mechanical drawings, electrical/electronic schematics, wiring diagrams and cable assembly drawings and engineering sketches, Shop Work Orders (SWO’s), Specifications Sheets, and OEM manuals. Able to follow written or verbal instructions from Systems Maintenance Engineers (SME’s).
• Experience performing technical repair duties of an Intermediate complexity.
• Experience performing system diagnostics, install and troubleshoot equipment on software and hardware, and desired.
• Experience isolating and fixing or replacing computer parts desired.
• Good knowledge of test equipment.
• Familiar with Environmental and OSHA Standards and adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping.
• Software experience in Windows XP, Red Hat preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• May be required to travel in support of work at off base locations.
• The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project, depot emergency repairs, UDLM or EDLM requirements.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
• Most possess a REAL ID Federal Compliant Identification driver’s license.
• Salary determined by Collective Bargaining Agreement.
What We Offer
• Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base facilities which may include: fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, recreational facilities, beach access and restaurants.
• Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
• Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
• Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.