The NetSuite Administrator is primarily responsible for overseeing the administration of the NetSuite application.
The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the NetSuite Administrator. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance and daily management of the NetSuite application.
- Technical and system administration, including data integration with multiple systems: e-mail marketing solution, member data mart, Web site and inventory management system.
- Functional and technical requirements, system configuration, data integrity and all system-related policies and procedures. Define and write functional requirements based on staff business needs.
- Providing front line support with regards to all aspects of NetSuite and data maintenance.
- The primary point of contact with NetSuite Support.
- Planning, reviewing and customizing NetSuite as needed to meet the needs of staff.
- System adoption and satisfaction, including training users on the NetSuite application relevant to their jobs; provide support to users and maintain proper system access; and support end-user technical requests.
- Monitoring end-user usage of systems, tracking performance, performing daily administrative and support tasks and maintaining and dating system documentation.
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure the quality of data and perform regular data audits; resolve of data integrity issues.
- Development, functional testing and rollout of customizations, custom objects, new enhancements, application releases and system integration based on user/business needs.
- Developing, documenting and following formal policies, procedures and protocols for changes, customization, standards, usage, etc.
- Development and maintenance of custom application extensions using system API and third-party tools.
- Conducting data queries and integration of data from multiple systems – e.g. Web site, an email database, etc. Responsible for providing product feedback to vendor and tracking of requested enhancements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Visio and MS Project
- Detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing); Sales Force Management (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, Territory Management and Quotas); Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfilment); and Support (Case Management), Project Management
- Exposure to other Accounting, Sales Force Management and Marketing business practices such as Payroll, Expense Tracking, Multi-currency and Commissions, Returns, Team Selling, Net or Ecommerce, Shopping carts and Website Layout
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work creatively in problem solving environment
- Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to transform end-user needs into technical and functional requirements
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to form relationships both externally and internally
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree in a relevant discipline (MIS, IT business/computer science)
- Two to five years’ experience with relational databases, SQL development, data integration and analysis
- Project management, system implementation and system integration experience
- In addition to working with NetSuite software, previous experience with the following applications is also desirable: QuickBooks, Great Plains, SalesForce.com, Upshot, ACT, Goldmine, MAS 90, Siebel, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards.
- Experience with software in a ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS) environment is a definite advantage, as is experienced with financial accounting, customer management and sales force automation software
- Previous project management experience would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
- Proficient in English
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to remain flexible, re-prioritize, and respond to changing demands
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Independent, self-motivated team player.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low-level noise exposure.