As an Operations Management Trainee we will provide you with training and on the job experience so that in 3-6 months you will be ready to step into a full leadership role at a customer’s account. You will have the ability to make important decisions that have a direct impact on the business and will help you grow in your professional career. It won’t be easy and you will be challenged along the way, but we will be right there with you to offer guidance and support.
Here’s what your day will look like:
- You will work with your customers to understand and deliver the customer value proposition that we promised our customers as you manage the execution of their transportation needs.
- You will lead and retain a group of company drivers to fulfill the needs of the customer and maximize productivity
- Understand and monitor compliance with safety and DOT regulations
- Full management responsibility over all equipment assigned to your account.
- Look for opportunities to increase the efficiency of the account. Example: If most of your equipment is empty on the way back to your account then it is not making money. You can look for opportunities with other transportation partners (internal and external) to fill the backhauls.
So, do you have what it takes?
- Must be a self starter and self -driven
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to build solid relationships with customers and drivers
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to relocate within the region. That means, after training you will run the day to day operations with your team at an assigned account within the region.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours during training. This isn’t a 8-5 job, you’re managing a business.
- College degree OR 3 years of supervisory experience OR Military Non Commissioned Officer, minimum E4
What will you get in return, you ask?
- Base salary and bonus potential after completion of the training program. Bonus is based on overall performance and profitability of the assigned account.
- Experience working for the largest Dedicated Transportation provider. That’s not all. We are looking to double in size in the next 5 years. That means more opportunities for you.
- Work for a large company, but still small enough to be on a first name basis with everyone
- Develop your interpersonal skills and gain customer knowledge and industry experience. The learning never stops.
- Growth and career advancement. After a year to a year and half, you could be managing a $3-5M account with the support of J.B. Hunt right behind you. You’ll have the freedom to manage, set direction and lead a team.
Driver Management, Rail Operations