Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Assembler 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at the Rancho Carmel Facility in San Diego, CA.
Join the men and women of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Mission Systems division of Northrop Grumman Information Systems. The business has developed and advanced software-defined radio technology for sophisticated communications in a network-centric environment.
A&TN focuses on providing advanced technologies, engineering development and production for our software-defined radio programs. A&TN programs include the communications, navigation and identification (CNI) production for F-22 and F-35 aircraft and production of advanced multi-function RF products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
- Lays out and assembles units for production equipment according to designs and specifications.
- Adjusts and calibrates systems as needed.
- Modifies equipment by adding, removing, or altering components as defined by predetermined diagrams and sketches.
- Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Uses hand and small power tools, and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- High School diploma and 2 years of experience working with small electronics is required.
- Experience with Filter assemblies and/or current J-STD-001 certification.
- Knowledge of techniques, approaches, guidelines, policies and procedures in the job area.
- Must be able to perform assembly techniques in order to make modifications, reworks and assemblies.
- Ability to perform basic problem solving techniques which are fully defined and available through the supervisor, coworkers and written materials.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance with Special Access Permission.
- Must possess basic, verbal and written communication skills for minimal interaction with others.