Security Industry Specialists, Inc. (SIS) provides security solutions to some of the most recognized companies and brands in the world. We deliver services that consistently exceed those of our peers. We accomplish this through innovation, constant process improvement, and through an uncompromising commitment to hiring, retaining and rewarding the best talent available.
General Statement of Job
The Shift Supervisor manages overall field services, operations and functions in assigned area including post reviews, Specialists inspections, emergency response, client liaison, post order compliance reviews, scheduling, training and special projects as assigned. They must perform all duties in accordance with client policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations. Field Supervisors are expected to visit a minimum of 4 to 5 post locations per day, documenting visits and persons contacted. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure compliance with general and specific post orders for assigned Specialist’s positions
- Manage and coordinate all security operations and programs in assigned area
- Partner with client location representatives to ensure proper utilization and execution of security programs
- Respond with urgency to emergent events, issues, staffing deficiencies and client requests
- Initiate preliminary investigations and write incident reports on all internal personnel issues
- Partner with corporate security team members during event security details
- Maintain up to date and accurate timekeeping systems and records
- Ensure personnel are provided with necessary equipment and equipment is accounted for and maintained.
- Distribute uniforms and equipment to personnel as necessary and maintain diligent records of uniforms and equipment inventory
- Complete proper personnel documentation/paperwork and processing as circumstances dictate
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Serve as mentor/coach to all Security employees.
- Provide timely, appropriate feedback to staff on performance, both positive and corrective.
- Train staff in site-specific security requirements and company protocol.
Additional Job Functions
- Perform other operational related duties as required and/or directed by management.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Minimum 5 years full time related safety/security experience with emphasis in corporate/entertainment environment.
- Minimum of 2 years in a security supervisory role required.
- Required to be highly proficient in computer skills with Mac OS including but not limited to emails, document creation and utilizing additional application systems as required.
- Ability to produce and maintain a valid California BSIS Security Guard Card.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification (preferred).
- Knowledgeable, proficient, and accountable in general security industry standards and methods
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must posses advanced skills and professional experience in the areas of people and conflict management with tact and discretion
- Investigations proficiency and experience in conducting investigations, interviewing and report writing
- Must be flexible and posses the ability to function in stressful situations
- Excellent time-management, communication, technical writing, presentation development, facilitation, and organizational skills required
- Must posses the strong ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal)
- A dependable team player with business maturity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Ability to adjusted to changing work environments including policy changes, client requests and scheduling.
- Actively monitor staff interactions with client, guests, vendors, and employees to ensure a safe, secure, comfortable environment for all.
- Effectively communicate escalated employee issues to Security Management.
- Administer appropriate performance reviews, counseling and disciplinary documentations as needed to ensure compliance of client and SIS Inc. policies.
- Exhibit the ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of the entire security team assigned to the deployment.
- Exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff & lead by example.
Candidates need full availability Day, Swing or Grave. Open availability is required.
What we can offer
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, plus access to dependent coverage and a variety of other benefits
- Eligibility to contribute to a 401k Plan after the first year of employment
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- Annual salary $54,080
Security Industry Specialists, Inc.
Private Patrol Operator #PPO 13936
Private Investigator #PI 28063