Description of the duties associated with this position:
Performs tasks in field with road maintenance crew, requires physical effort, use power chain saw equipment and common hand tools. Tasks include but are not limited to:
1) Moves heavy freight, furniture, machinery, supplies, equipment and other very heavy items by use of hand trucks or other moving equipment and places or stacks for storage;
2) Cuts trees, clears brush, removes rocks, digs ditches and back fills; digs loose bars, digs post holes and plumbs posts; clears and levels ground; replaces barriers, paints or stains;
3) Operates heavy-duty power mowers, weed trimmers, tillers, chain saws, pallet jacks, powered snow blowers, high-pressure sprayers, jackhammers, floor buffers and steam cleaners.
4) Assembles and places a variety of items and structures needed to complete assignments;
5) Cleans, oils, lubricates, and performs minor adjustments on power equipment.
6) Operates motor vehicle in support of operations.
As an incidental duty the incumbent may cut and clear small trees, brush along roads and fences,
empty trash cans; and, wash windows.