Electrical Engineer 3
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high\-performing talent who are passionate about what they do\. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth\. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work\-life success\. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do\.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end\-to\-end solutions that meet customers' mission\-critical needs\. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains\. L3 Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries
Provides engineering expertise in support of research, design and development\.Fully qualified Engineer uses a wide application of principles, theories, and concepts of the field plus working knowledge of other related disciplines\. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems\. Defines and carries out technical approach and follows general strategy of project\. Work is judged by successful completion of project milestones\. Interacts with customers and explains milestones\.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incumbents are responsible for applicable activities,responsibilities, knowledge, skills and activities covered in the previous Engineerdescriptions, plus the following:
• Creates conceptual designs of hardware, systems or subsystems, independently or as part of a team, to design and build first\-of\-a\-kind, state\-of\-the\-art equipment\.
• Provides design engineering support and technical direction\.
• Supports the proposal effort by providing technical and cost analysis\.
• Plans, coordinates and manages budgets and manpower scheduling\.
• Conducts engineering analyses\.
• Performs or coordinates the technical aspects of analysis, design and testing\.
• Generates technical documentation\.
• Participates in design and program reviews and customer briefings\.
• Builds relationships with customers, suppliers, and technical staff\.
• Ensures that customer requirements for products or services are met\.
• Documents technical results\.
• Leadership role: schedule, implement, and oversee the process of procurement, fabrication, assembly, inspection and testing\.
• May participate in marketing and sales activities \(proposal writing, presentations\)\.
• May participate in the transport and set\-up of a system in the field and conduct or oversee field tests\.Qualifications
Skills: Solve problems with variable inputs andconcrete solutions\.
Communicate in oral and writtentechnical English\.
Use Computer Assisted Engineeringprograms\.
Project management experience\.
Experience running P\-Spice orother software programs for circuit analysis
Experience running electric fieldmodels for voltage breakdown predictions
High Voltage / Pulsed Powerexperience
Experience designing,fabricating, testing / installing systems of custom design
Physical Abilities: Use of arms, hands and fingers;lift and carry; focus on objects within 20 inches, shift focus and distinguishcolors as needed to perform assigned experiments\.
Experience in Job Family: BS degree plus 5 years relevant experience,or
MS degree plus 3 years relevantexperience
PhD plus 0 years experience
BSdegree in scientific discipline\.
Training, Certificates andLicenses: None
ClearanceRequirements: USCitizen with ability to obtain a security clearance
The noise level in the environment isusually low to moderate\.The environmentis well lit and ventilated\.
Applicants with levels of experience andqualifications exceeding the description may be considered for highergrade/level\. Applications with levels ofexperience and qualifications less than the description may be considered forlower grade/level\.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer\. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination\. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender \(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions\), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws\. L3Harris maintains a drug\-free workplace and performs pre\-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law\.